Connect with us

Uncategorised

Callum Hudson-Odoi confirm huge injury blow

Published

on

England and Chelsea star forward Callum Hudson-Odoi will not be playing for the rest of the season after he sustained an achilles injury, per reports.

The 18-year-old started Chelsea’s Premier League game against Burnley on Sunday but he limped out of action only after 40mins as Chelsea moved to within top four place on the table following a 2-2 draw.

He is due for an assessement by the medical team of Chelsea. Even before then, he has revealed that his season for the Blues has ended.

This has come as a huge blow for Chelsea and bloke who recently won a place in the first team of Chelsea.

There is no telling how long he’d be absent but an Achilles tendon injury can keep a player out of action for so many months.

Gianfranco Zola revealed they are yet to ascertain the severity of the injury but he did not play it down either.


“It’s not an easy one. I think it’s a serious injury. It’s on his achilles tendon,” assistant boss Zola told reporters.
“I cannot tell you the full extent of it. I haven’t been told if it’s ruptured. I think he will have to have an examination. But it’s not looking good.”

Loading...

Uncategorised

Man United ready to trigger release clause of Pogba’s replacement

Published

on

By

Manchester United are linked with Atletico Madrid and Spanish midfielder Saul as they continue to prepare for  life without Paul Pogba who could be on his way to either Real Madrid or Juventus.

Spanish media publication AS revealed last week that the Red Devils were keenly interested in the €150m-rated midfielder (based on the release clause in his current contract) as Solskjaer isn’t sure whether Pogba will remain at Old Trafford or not.

The same media outlet now has a new update regarding Saul’s future at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium as it revealed that United are edging closer to triggering the player’s release clause.

According to the report, the Red Devils are doing everything possible to capture the 24-year-old’s signature this summer.

Meanwhile, the deal is reportedly subjected to Paul Pogba’s decision over his future.

The Frenchman, whom Saul is coming to replace, is yet to reach a final decision over his stay at the Theater of Dreams, therefore, the Red Devils are waiting in anticipation to know what the Frenchman’s final conclusion would be.

Should the former Juventus man decide to remain under Solskjaer beyond this summer, it is possible the 20-time Premier League champions will pull out of the race for Saul’s signature in order to focus on reinforcing the defence.

Saul needs no introduction, he’s been on top of his game for Diego Simeone’s team for a very long time and it will be a great plus to have him at Old Trafford.

The question many United fans and football experts could be asking is: who is Solskjaer really going for Fernandes or Saul?

 

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Good news, World Cup winner decides to play for Chelsea next season

Published

on

Olivier Giroud has decided against leaving Chelsea this summer, per reports.

Since arriving Chelsea in the January of 2018, the French bloke has been subjected to playing a bit-part role for the West Londoners. During his spell with former club Arsenal, he was a cult figure until they signed on Alexandre Lacazette who dislodged him from the first team of Mr Wenger.

He was sold to Chelsea as a back-up for Alvaro Morata but somehow, the World Cup winner became favourite for Antonio Conte until Maurizio Sarri was appointed to the reigns of the club last season. Giroud may have played second fiddle for Chelsea this season, he was fundamental to their third place position on the log and their Europa League strides.

It is widely reported that he would consider his future with the Blues due to lack of game time. However, report by the Evening Standard has claimed that he would pass on any offer to remain with Chelsea. Nice, Marseille, Bordeaux and Lyon have all been reportedly lurking around to sign the striker but they may have to look elsewhere with the latest development.

The Blues may not be able to sign any player in the summer after they were handed a ban by the court of arbitration for sport.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Arsenal News

£100m star attacker ready to snub London giants for Man United

Published

on

Ivory coast international Wilfred Zaha will snub Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal to join Manchester United, reports the Telegraph.

Since moving to Crystal Palace in the summer of 2014, the 26-year-old attacker has steadily improved upon his game. He is not just their most valuable Palace player but one of the most potent wingers in the Premier League.

He had a short and unforgettable stint at Manchester United between 2013 and 2015 where he failed to show his quality. The fans of the Red Devils were full of expectation for the star but he failed to stake a claim in the first team of the side.

Although he extended his contract with Palace only recently, the report claim he has informed the club of his desire to leave – with Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal heavily linked with a move for him.

Palace are willing to let their star winger leave but they will not budge to a fee less than their £100m valuation for him, according to the Telegraph. Knowing the spending power of the London clubs, Zaha would prefer rejoining his old club, Man United.

The Red Devils have a plethora of attackers within their fold but Ole Gunner Solskjaer is keen on overhauling his squad, that would provide space for a player like Zaha.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Trending