Super-agent Mino Raiola has hit back at the media for spreading false rumours regarding his client Matthijs De Ligt’s move to PSG.
It is no secret that Matthijs De Ligt is one of the most sought after players in Europe this summer. The Ajax captain is on the radar of several big clubs such as Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus, and Paris St Germain.
Reports in Italy this week claimed that PSG are the frontrunners in the race to sign the teenage sensation with the French club ready to match and even surpass United’s £350,000 a week deal.
The deal was even fired as Raiola’s photograph in Italy became widespread on social media.
However, the agent has come out to assert that he never met with any PSG official over De Ligt’s deal, labeling the whole story “fake news.”
This is the classic example of fake news,” Raiola told Italian outlet ANSA. “The photograph of me and the French journalist in Paris? He asked me to take a picture together, but I did not know who this gentleman was.
“I have never spoken with him.”
“If you go to United, in three years Barca will pay whatever it costs for you,” they are said to have told him, according to SPORT.
The youngster revealed following Sunday’s UEFA Nations League final that Cristiano Ronaldo tried to persuade him to join Juventus after Portugal’s 1-0 victory over the Netherlands.
It remains unknown the final destination of the €80m rated player but Raiola’s revelation means United still have a chance to land the star.
No matter what happens, we can be sure that money will not dictate the direction or motivation of the negotiation as the player already said.
These Two Liverpool Transfer Targets Can’t Stop Scoring For Respective Clubs
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is definitely a happy man after seeing his men thrashed Manchester City 3-1 at Anfield on Sunday.
The victory ensured that the Reds are unbeaten so far this season and they have extended an eight-point lead at the top of the League standings with 34 points while second-place Leicester City have 26 points.
Despite the fact that the Reds attackers continue to find the back of the net on a regular basis, Klopp is reportedly keen on adding two in-form strikers to his team in January.
RB Leipzig’s star Timo Werner and RB Salzburg’s wonderkid Erling Haaland are in the manager’s wish-list ahead of the upcoming transaction period.
Coincidentally, both players scored at least two goals to help their respective clubs recorded a massive victory during the weekend.
Germany international Werner, scored a brace as Leipzig registered a 4-2 win over Hertha BSC on Saturday.
As for Erling Haaland who is being chased by 15 clubs, the Norwegian star scored three goals against Wolfsberger AC as Salzburg recorded 3-0 victory Sunday’s Austrian League fixture.
Manchester United are also interested in the two players as Solskjaer wants to add more threat to his team’s attacking prowess in the winter.
The two Premier League giants are expected to compete with other European clubs for both players as soon as the next transfer market reopens.
Liverpool Set To Miss Out On 13-goal Hero to Manchester United
Liverpool are set to miss out on the services of Germany international Timo Werner as report suggest Manchester United are leading the race for the player.
Timo Werner has been in fine form for RB Leipzig since the start of the season and he is attracting interest from top clubs in Europe including the Reds and the Old Trafford outfits.
Jurgen Klopp is a longtime admirer of the 23-year-old as he reportedly launched a bid for his services in the summer but Leipzig turned down the offer.
Though the former Borussia Dortmund manager is ready to reignite his desire to have the player under his watch in January, The Mirror revealed that Solskjaer has leapfrogged him in the race for the player’s services.
United were unimpressive at the final half of the pitch during their defeat to Bournemouth on Saturday, but Solskjaer believes that the addition of the in-form striker will help boost his team’s attacking prowess.
Though the young striker just extended his contract with Leipzig in the summer, the Bundesliga side are set to to listen to any suitor who is ready to meet their price tag of £27m on his services.
He has featured in 15 games in all competitions so far this season, recording 13 goals and six assists in the process.
Club ready to make offer for Liverpool key player
Real Madrid are interested in signing Andy Robertson from Liverpool, reports Defensa Central, via Sport Witness.
Since his infamous move from Hull City to Liverpool in the summer of 2017, his stock has continued to surge upwards given his consistently impressive displays.
He featured in 36 league games for the Reds last season and won the best player award in his position.
Although pundits have attributed the form of the player to Klopp’s ability to bring out the best in his players, the talent of the Scottish left back cannot be denied.
His forte includes in his ability to overlap and recover almost immediately, controlling the ball at his feet while running and his eye for assisting his teammates.
Real Madrid are already preparing for life after Brazilian left back Marcelo and they have identified Robertson as his potential replacement, says the report.
The report further claims Les Mereneguez have had their scouts keeping tabs on Robertson, and they are very pleased with his displays.
Robertson is about the only established left full back at the club this moment. There is no telling how much offer Madrid can make for him but the Reds are unlikely going to allow the 25-year-old star leave.
Meanwhile, Liverpool take on Aston Villa at the Villa Park tomorrow. A win for the side will see them stretch their unbeaten run in the league.